It was hard to accept this responsibility. I was not ready for it but found myself just moving into the new office and getting on the job. The job is not all that difficult since I was in a similar kind of work for some years now. But the nuances and details sure have to be learned. I am just trying to do this.
The job is to administer 'hardly any' resources between the 'always in need' projects of the Don Bosco province working in Karnataka and Kerala. There are surely pressing and urgent needs and requiremetns that have to be completed at the earliest. The resource crunch is the real problem.
The fact that I have taken up the job in this time of global recession adds to the uncertainty of donations and funds against the ever growing demand. It is therefore a very delicate balancing act and trying to keep all still motivated even when some projects are to be termed impossible or put off for an uncertain future...
One month into the job and I have seen visited about one third of about 45 projects and also held the meeting of the Local Administrators for a day where the policies in matters of administration was spelt out. There was acceptance of the clarity of the matter and availability of such directives. The process has to be continued to ensure that there will be certain amount of professionalism along with the religious committment among the Salesians in the province.
So the agenda I have has become clear - ensure professional management, lead to scientific temper and ensure continued committment with satisfaction for those involved. There is much to learn ... there is much to share.. there is much to accomplish... I feel great that I am prepared for this job with all the wonderful learning and experience at BREADS ( www.breadsbangalore.org).
I have dreams.. I have hopes.. I have energy.. I am looking for support and I look for ideas.. I look for techniques and technology that can take us to greater heights...
Friday, July 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment